Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Proud

Incase you didn't know or you haven't gotten the memo, I'm PROUD OF OUR GALS.  There are 6 women who've given up everything to be in Haiti for nine months and holy smokes, I couldn't admire them more.  Having spend a week with them at training and week with them in Haiti - they are nothing short of incredible.  They form this beautiful team and work so well together that they didn't even need "leaders" to bring them there (except maybe a little help killing spiders and moving book shelves at the school).


Seriously, my heart is overflowing because our God is so stinkin' good. 

One of the most touching things to me about these girls is their servant hearts.  I see this so much in Shala - she sacrificed a ridiculous amount of American dreaminess to be in Haiti (a job... with a promotion to boot, a 2-year relationship with a guy that totally supports her, a more than ideal living situation, etc.) and she's finding the sacrifice is so worth it.

Read her most recent blog... you won't be disappointed.

Did I mention I'm proud of these girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment