Thursday, August 11, 2011

Inspired by these 6

This IMPACT blog started when I was in Haiti in March.



As a result of that trip - seeing the ministry that the Reeves family is doing there and sensing God's call on my life to "do something" with what I'd seen and learned, an intern program was born. The vision was to send interns over for 9 months to partner with Joy & Kerry Reeves at New Vision Ministries.  The work they are doing is life-changing.  I remember them saying something like this about their call to Haiti: "Let's not waste another day living for ourselves.  God is writing a big story in Haiti and we could choose to be part of it or we could let him choose someone else."  And this changed everything, for hundreds of people.  They amaze me.  They inspire me.  They make me want to be more like Jesus.

I seriously thought it was a vision that God gave me to accomplish "at some point," but had NO IDEA that it would actually materialize this fall.  Holy smokes, I'm still in awe.

We presented the need and have 6 incredible women who are called to Haiti for nine months!!!!  It's an inspiring crew... (if you click on their names, it'll link you to their websites so you can follow them in Haiti)!  







They have filled out a 16 page application, been met with individually, been told how crazy hard it will be at times and they feel undeniably called.  With each of these women comes an incredible backstory and journey to how they got to this place.  Get to know them.  Pray for them.  Help support them.  Love on them as they love on the people of Haiti for the sake of the Gospel.
 This is a big deal and I. AM. SO. PROUD. OF. THEM. 


No comments:

Post a Comment